04 June 2007

T Minus hours and counting

For me personally, I've always had my wife here to think of all the little things around the house that I've forgotten to do. But she's not here. I am feeling ok about being ready to go; the house is locked up and secure, the dog is visiting the pet resort that he likes, and Donna is enroute to JFK. There was a minor glitch with weather on the East Coast (thank God, most of us will miss it), but I have faith in the airlines that everyone will make their connections to Tegel.

Anqi & Stephanie were running around just today looking for converters (yes, today). I finally just drove to AAA myself (the wife wanted me to check out their maps if I had a chance anyway) and called them from there. Converters were way more expensive there than other places, but the deal is, places like Target do not sell the voltage regulators; they only sell the plug converters and it's misleading. Steph told me she needs to be able to use her Curling Iron and Hair Dryer in Europe (huh?! Really, a curling iron? Oh, what it's like to be a girl) and that she would drive to Radio Shack (read: mommy would drive her there) to get one, and thanks anyway. Anqi called me back and said $40 bucks for the converter was fine with her and to buy it!

So here I sit, packed, dressed, almost ready to go (Donna would be running around like a chicken rechecking everything I already rechecked).

Tonight, dear readers, we fly to Heathrow where we meet up with the group from Florida. They are all adults and speak French & Spanish. The tour leader's name is Marie and she's Haitian. We then fly from there to Berlin's Tegel international airport where we arrive June 5th at 6:50PM. We are, I think, 9 hours ahead of Arizona for the trip (That's 6 hours for my East Coast friends). We will meet a tour director, Conrad (from Explorica), at Tegel, and he will get us all hooked up with Alba and the rest of our tour.

The next time you hear from me personally, we will be in Germany (or Poland).

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi there! You should know that you all are being prayed for - for your safety, good health and a wonderful trip. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Doug should know that Sparkle has been sleeping outside his door! He should also know that Strom doesn't this his sister looks anything like him - which is a good thing, I guess. It was only 91 degrees in Chandler yestersday - nice! Hope you are having an amazing time! (hugs) Leslie